Ontario and Quebec with 1078 Gallery10 days
Let us handle the details
Expert Tour Director
Sightseeing with local guides
Personalized flight options
On this guided tour, you’ll walk for about 1.5 hours daily across mostly flat terrain, including paved roads and cobblestone streets, with some stairs.
Toronto 3 nights Hotel info
Day 1: Arrival in Toronto
Included meals: Dinner
Welcome to Toronto! Get settled into your hotel, then meet your Tour Director and fellow travelers at tonight’s welcome dinner.
Day 2: Sightseeing tour of Toronto
Included meals: Breakfast
Join a local expert on a panoramic coach tour of multicultural Toronto, Canada’s largest city and the historic, vibrant capital of the province of Ontario.
• Pass the University of Toronto, modernist Toronto City Hall and the CN Tower, one of the world’s tallest buildings
• Drive by Yonge-Dundas Square in the heart of the city’s downtown area and pass the St. Lawrence Market, housed in a late 19th-century brick building
• Enter the Royal Ontario Museum, which is dedicated to natural history and cultures around the world
Day 3: Free day in Toronto
Included meals: Breakfast
Enjoy a full free day in Toronto or add an excursion.
Optional Excursion - The Niagara Falls Experience $129pp* Details
Journey to the border of Canada and the United States to experience the thundering beauty of Niagara Falls. Niagara is comprised of three individual cataracts, which plunge at a rate of over 100,000 gallons per second. You’ll get an up-close look at this famous landmark as you enjoy a Hornblower boat ride into the mist at the base of the falls. Then, eat lunch and discover the surrounding area on your own before driving to Niagara-on-the-Lake. This quaint town is home to local fairs and boutique stores, which you can enjoy during an hour of free time. Please note: This excursion requires advance reservation and must be booked at least 20 days prior to departure. This excursion is seasonal and runs May through mid-November only. We recommend bringing warm clothing in the event of cooler weather. Please be prepared for the possibility of seasickness.
Must be booked 20 days before departure
Ottawa 2 nights Hotel info
Day 4: Ottawa via Kingston
Included meals: Breakfast, Dinner
Transfer to Ottawa today, stopping along the way to explore the charming city of Kingston. This “Limestone City” boasts architecturally notable buildings made from local, hand-cut stone.
• Board a cruise boat and sail along the St. Lawrence River through Thousand Islands National Park, which lies along the Canada-U.S. border
• Pass the numerous granite islands of the park and get a peek at the lavish waterfront mansions that dot Millionaires Row
Day 5: Sightseeing tour of Ottawa
Included meals: Breakfast
Join your Tour Director and get to know Ottawa, the country’s capital. This welcoming urban center is home to a diverse population, world-class museums, and many monuments that pay homage to Canada’s national heritage.
• Journey to Parliament Hill to view the soaring, Gothic Revival-style Centre Block, site of the country’s Senate, House of Commons and Library of Parliament
• Get to know more about the city on a panoramic driving tour with a local guide
• Learn more about the Canadian Mounties during a visit the horse stables of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police
• Enter the Canadian War Museum to see the exhibits that pay tribute to the men and women who have served in the armed forces
Quebec City 2 nights Hotel info
Day 6: Transfer to Quebec City
Included meals: Breakfast, Dinner
Travel to Quebec City, where you will have a free afternoon to explore on your own.
Day 7: Sightseeing tour of Quebec City
Included meals: Breakfast
Follow a local guide as you immerse yourself in the European charm of this old-world city, which overflows with remnants from its colonial past.
• Stop at the Plains of Abraham, a national battlefield that served as the site of a defining 1759 conflict between France and Britain during the Seven Years’ War
• Journey along cobblestone streets on a walking tour of UNESCO-recognized Old Quebec City, which is surrounded by 18th-century fortifications
Enjoy a free afternoon in Quebec City or add an excursion.
Optional Excursion - Scenic Quebec: Sainte-Anne-de-Beaupré & Montmorency Falls $75pp* Details
Make your way to the Beaupré Coast, which is distinguished as a famous pilgrimage site and home to Montmorency Falls. This waterfall is higher than Niagara, and you’ll take in the natural beauty of the fall and the surrounding park during a photo stop. Continue on to the Albert Gilles Copper Art Museum, where you’ll learn about the craft of coppersmithing during a guided tour. Enjoy a demonstration of repoussé metalwork followed by free time to shop in the museum’s show room. Finally, discover the intriguing history of the Basilica of Sainte-Anne-de Beaupré, an important Christian site since the 1600s. It has been said that stepping inside this sanctuary has the power to heal, and millions of people have claimed they were healed from sickness and disability upon entering. Afterward, end your day with an included dinner at a local sugar shack. Please note: This excursion may involve inclines and stairs, so comfortable walking shoes are recommended. Please be sure you are okay with heights before walking across the bridge.
Save $10 when you book this excursion up to 3 days before your tour departs. (On-tour price: $85)
Montreal 2 nights Hotel info
Day 8: Transfer to Montreal
Included meals: Breakfast
Take in stunning countryside views as you drive to Montreal. This predominantly French-speaking city sits on an island in the St. Lawrence River, and you’ll see it all on a panoramic tour with a local guide.
• Make a photo stop at the stunning Notre-Dame Basilica, an architectural landmark built in the Gothic-Revival style
• Enter Canada’s largest basilica, Saint Joseph’s Oratory, which is capped by a staggering copper dome
Day 9: Free day in Montreal
Included meals: Breakfast, Dinner
Enjoy a full free day in Montreal or add an excursion.
Then, say goodbye to your group at a farewell dinner.
Optional Excursion - Quebec's Wine Route $129pp* Details
Taste local Montreal wines as you explore the vineyards of the Eastern Townships in Quebec. This prestigious area produces over 50% of Quebec’s wine, and many winemakers have run vineyards in the area for decades. Enjoy a guided wine tasting as local experts discuss the wine production in the region. Please note: There may be some uneven ground, so comfortable walking shoes are recommended. This excursion is seasonal and runs May through November only.
Must be booked 20 days before departure
Day 10: Departure
Included meals: Breakfast (excluding early morning departures)
Transfer to the airport for your flight home, or extend your stay in Montreal.
Passport & visa requirements
- A valid, government-issued passport is required for U.S. citizens traveling to Canada.
- Your passport expiration date must extend at least six months beyond your return home.
- No visa is required for U.S. or Canadian citizens.
- If you are not a U.S. or Canadian citizen, you must contact Canada’s consulate for your specific entry requirements.
- You will walk for about 2.5 hours daily across mostly flat terrain on paved roads.
- Travelers should be healthy enough to participate in all included walks without assistance. Adding optional excursions may increase the total amount of walking on your tour.
- You should feel comfortable managing your own baggage at times.
- If you have any mobility and/or physical restrictions, please contact our Customer Relations Team at 800.597.0350 so that we can review all necessary information with you.
Transportation & arrival information
- Round-trip flights booked through Go Ahead arrive in Toronto, Canada and depart from Montreal, Canada.
- When you first arrive, a Go Ahead representative will meet you at the airport and will escort you via private motor coach to your hotel.
- Please remain in the arrival lounge, as the representative might be escorting one of your fellow travelers to the bus at the time of your arrival.
- If you did not book your flights through Go Ahead, airport transfers are available upon request and at an additional cost. Please call our Customer Relations Team at 1.800.597.0350 for additional information.
- All included transportation on this tour is by private motor coach.
- Airlines have varying weight restrictions on luggage. Most domestic airlines impose charges if you choose to check any baggage, and you are responsible for any such costs. Please contact your airline for detailed information regarding luggage size and weight restrictions for your flight.
- Go Ahead travelers are allowed only one checked bag per person. One carry-on bag is also permitted, provided that it does not exceed 45 total inches (length + width + height).
- Please note there may be times when you will have to handle your own bags, and you’ll find that lightweight luggage provides a distinct advantage.
- Please label your baggage and carry valuables, medication and documents in your carry-on luggage.
Clothing & packing tips
- We recommend packing lightweight, loose-fitting clothing that can be easily layered.
- For sightseeing and exploring, we suggest bringing a sunhat, sunglasses, sturdy pair of walking shoes or sneakers, as well as a lightweight jacket or rainwear.
- If you’re planning to visit a high-end restaurant or show, you may also want to bring dressier attire.
- There are no major health risks when traveling to this region. During the summer months, take care for sun exposure and heat.
- Travelers should be in reasonable health to take our included walks, although we will make every effort to accommodate those who choose to stay behind.
- Be sure to check with your doctor or healthcare provider for the latest updates and personal travel requirements, or visit the Center for Disease Control and Prevention website at www.cdc.gov.
- Bring a small first aid kit, including antacids, motion sickness medication, anti-diarrhea medication and any prescription medications.
- If you have medication that you take daily, be sure you have enough for each day of the tour as well as any possible delays encountered.
- If you have dietary restrictions and/or food allergies please notify Go Ahead at least 30 days prior to departure by logging in to My Account and updating your traveler info. To update this information closer to your departure date, please call our Customer Relations Team.
- One of the most enjoyable aspects of traveling is the delightful variety of local cuisine—even if you’re not traveling abroad. The cuisine in Canada varies widely. Most of the food on this tour is well-known to Americans and Canadians.
- While on tour, you may want to try well-known local dishes, including Canada’s world-famous maple syrup. Opt for food with Portuguese influences in Toronto and taste fried dough “BeaverTails” in Ottawa. Try poutine in Quebec City and shish taouk, a Lebanese-influenced meat-filled pita, in Montreal.
Electricity & air conditioning
- All regions operate on the Canadian standard 110 volts.
- The majority of the hotels on this tour will have air conditioning.
- Most of the hotels on this tour will provide hairdryers, irons and other small appliances.
- Wi-Fi is available in most hotels, though some charges may apply.
- There is no Wi-Fi on any of the motor coaches.
- Please contact your cell phone provider for information on roaming charges.
- For the majority, the provinces of Ontario and Quebec operate on Eastern Standard Time (EST).
- Please note: Small eastern portions of Quebec operate according to Atlantic Standard Time, but you will not visit those portions of the province on tour.
- When it’s noon in New York City, it’s noon on tour.
- Canadian dollars will be the currency on your tour. You can find kiosks at the airport with good exchange rates, but the best way to change your money from USD to CAD is by using an ATM.
- Inform your bank and credit card company of your travel plans so that they won’t confuse your international purchases for fraudulent charges.
- At the conclusion of your tour, it’s customary to offer your Tour Director and driver a gratuity in your tour country’s currency.
- We recommend tipping between $7USD/CAD to $10USD/CAD per person per day for your Tour Director.
- We recommend tipping $3USD/CAD per person per day for your driver.
- If applicable, we also recommend tipping $2USD/ CAD per local guide.
- Tips can only be paid in cash. Please keep current local currency exchange rates in mind when tipping.
Purchasing excursions on tour
- If you have not yet purchased your optional excursions, you may be able to do so while on your tour. Your Tour Director will only accept cash (in CAD only), Visa or MasterCard as payment for optional excursions.
- Please be advised that if you pay for an excursion by credit card while on tour, it may take up to three months for your card to be charged.
- Some optional excursions may only be purchased in advance. See the “Optional Excursions” sheet for more information.
See what our travelers say about this tour—all reviews are authentic and unedited.
Have you been on tour with us? Visit My Account to submit a review.
2016 Tour of Canadian Cities
The tour was a great experience to experience the culture and learn about the four eastern Canadian cities. We enjoyed the vibrant life of Toronto, lights, museums, restaurants and people. While in Ottawa we again experienced the nation's capital, better understood why it became the Canadian capital, enjoyed walking the streets, eating unique foods, and experiencing the culture. Quebec provided us with a "taste of France" and another picture of Canada; we enjoyed the big hotels, quiet streets, snow, and marvelous restaurants. Montreal was another treat seeing the 1976 Olympic stadium, many of the cultural sites, and visiting a sugar shack. Our tour guide, Dave Poulin, is one of the top 2 - 3 guides we have had on our many Go Ahead tours. We also had an outstanding bus driver, Don, who helped make our tour the success it was for us and our friends.
Hi William! We’re delighted to hear that you gained a better cultural and historical understanding of both Ontario and Quebec. It’s great to know that you enjoyed all that you saw and experienced. We appreciate your feedback on your Tour Director and bus driver, and we will be sure to share it with them. Thank you for your review, and we hope to welcome you on tour again!
Posted by Katie, Manager of Quality Control | November 02, 2016
Had never been to Canada, and Dave Poulin, our Tour Director, did a wonderful job indoctrinating me and my sister to Canadian cultures, food, fun, etc. Overall, a great trip and would highly recommend to anyone wishing to visit Eastern Canada for the first time. Hotels and food were very good.
Hi Cathy! It’s wonderful to learn that you enjoyed Eastern Canada. Thank you for recommending this tour, and we look forward to welcoming you on your next one in 2017!
Posted by Katie, Manager of Quality Control | September 29, 2016
I had a wonder time with my sister sharing the 'Canadian experience' along with our terrific tour guide Dave and bus driver Chris. Dave was most knowledgeable on Canadian history and folklore. He kept everyone's attention with his stories and humour...and was such a delight. He also took us to some very interesting places. All the cities we visited were unique and most interesting in their own. Loved them all. Dave took us to a few places that were not listed on the tour----which was terrific and were an added bonus to his credit and our tour. I'm now looking forward to my next year's GoAhead tour with my sis!!
Hi Marjorie! We’re thrilled to learn that you and your sister enjoyed your time in Canada. Sounds like such a memorable trip! We’re glad your Tour Director’s humor and expertise enhanced your experience, as well as some of the surprises he planned along the way. Thank you for sharing your experience, and we look forward to seeing you and your sister again next year!
Posted by Katie, Manager of Quality Control | October 05, 2016
Four Nice Cities
This tour gave a very nice introduction to our neighbors to the north. I really liked the short flight time and the fact that there was no jet lag due to time changes. From the very beginning Dave, our tour director, made us all feel welcome. This was a large group and by the second day he knew all our names! We were very fortunate since Dave is a licensed tour guide in all four cites on the tour, so he was knowledgeable about each city and we actually got acquainted with the history of each city before we got there. All of the hotels were very nice and in good locations within each city. The meals were all very good. There were few optional excursions on this tour and I highly recommend the Niagara Falls excursion. There is a lot to see in each city and this tour allowed free time to explore as much or as little as you want.
Hi Frank! We're glad you felt this tour provided a good introduction to Ontario & Quebec. We're happy to learn that your Tour Director made you feel welcome and informed along the way. We appreciate your feedback on the accommodations, meals, and optionals. We're glad you would recommend the Niagara Falls optional -- what a sight! Thank you for your review, and we look forward to welcoming you on your next tour in 2017!
Posted by Katie, Manager of Quality Control | November 07, 2016
Around Canada with Mathieu
Mathieu was a great TD, making our travels between cities fun and being available at all times. As an experience EF leader, he's used to whole groups or classes of students who know each other; therefore, he did not offer us a meet-and-greet the first evening at the hotel. This is and should be included in all GA tours. Also the restaurant choice for the first night's dinner was poor, and the long walk to get there was difficult for some weary travelers. Things picked u the next day, however, and remained fun and interesting for the rest of the tour. Canada is clean and beautiful, and I recommend a fall visit.
Hi Ginny! We’re glad you feel that your Tour Director did a great job and that he was available to you at all times. We’re also pleased to learn that you enjoyed the beauty of Canada and that you would recommend visiting. We appreciate your feedback on including a meet-and-greet the first evening at the hotel. While this is certainly a wonderful way to start a trip, it’s not always logistically possible, due to the fact that travelers arrive at different times. We will be sure to share your thoughts with your Tour Director, and we thank you for this suggestion. We regret to hear that the first night’s dinner did not meet your expectations, and we will be sure to share this with our Operations team for further evaluation. Thank you for sharing your experience, Ginny, and we hope to welcome you on tour again!
Posted by Katie, Manager of Quality Control | October 11, 2016
We had a great time. The tour director and bus drive should be on tv for their comedy routines. Fantastic entertainment and information. No glitches, just fun. Eastern Canada was a blast. Looking forward to our next trip.
Hi Thomas! We’re so glad you enjoyed your tour and that your Tour Director and bus driver provided great information and entertainment. It sounds like maybe they do need their own comedy show! Thank you for your review, and we’re also looking forward to your next trip.
Posted by Katie, Manager of Quality Control | September 27, 2016
Dave Poulin was an excellent tour guide. He was very knowledgeable, organized and helpful with everyone's problems. Quebec City was so beautiful and the optional tour that day was wonderful, fun and and excellent value.
Hi Theresa! We're so pleased that you enjoyed your tour, as well as your Tour Director. Thank you for your review, and we hope to welcome you on tour again!
Posted by Katie, Manager of Quality Control | August 19, 2016
Super Tour Director
Frank was one of the best tour directors we have had. He took care of all our needs throughout the trip. If we had a question Frank would have the answer. This was a great tour of Canada and Niagra Falls. I would highly recommend it to everyone.
Hi Ed! We're delighted to hear that Frank was one of the best Tour Directors you've had. It's wonderful to know that he was such a great resource throughout your trip. We're also glad you enjoyed the tour itself. Thank you for your recommendation, and we hope to welcome you on tour again!
Posted by Katie, Manager of Quality Control | June 09, 2016